Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Raid Problems Get Worse
The National Archives has made new statements over the past week regarding the allegations that past Presidents have mishandled documents and White House records and that the agency has assisted them in that.
Trump has previously alleged that former President Obama had mishandled records. During his recent rallies in Arizona and New Mexico, he also extended these allegations to include many past Presidents, including some that were from his party.
One of the claims that Trump has made is that President George H.W. Bush’s administration had kept some of their documents in a Chinese restaurant and a bowling alley. There has so far been no evidence presented to support these claims.
The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) had said that during the transportation of documents to the president’s libraries there might be cases where some are put in temporary storage. However, they have maintained that that storage has “met strict archival and security standards, and have been managed and staffed exclusively by NARA employees.”
They continued to say that these allegations are inaccurate.
During another one of his rallies, Trump also said that former President Clinton had lost nuclear codes and had stored some classified recordings in his sock. This is, in part, based on facts as Clinton had used his sock drawer for storage during his time as President. However, he had not left the office with the classified tapes in his socks.
This is the second statement that the Archives have had to make in the last month over the allegations it has faced regarding its handling of records.
Trump has continued to make statements regarding the handling of records by other Presidents as he is facing legal troubles relating to the Aug. 8 raid of his Mar-a-Lago home by the FBI which located on the property more than 100 classified documents.
Copyright 2022, TruthandLiberty.com