Trump’s Defense Secretary DESTROYS Jan 6 Narratives
(TruthandLiberty.com) – In multiple instances, former President Donald Trump said he offered anywhere from 10,000 to 20,000 National Guard troops on January 6, 2021. Despite the former leader’s assertion, a formal authorization for soldiers never apparently came. Still, that doesn’t mean Trump didn’t ask House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) if she wanted the protection. Recently, former Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller appeared on video before the House January 6 Select Committee. He seems to have contradicted himself.
Miller told the committee that Trump never ordered the Pentagon to deploy the military to prevent violence ahead of the Capitol Hill riot. The acting defense secretary said Trump never gave direction or orders to plan a deployment, let alone initiate one. The official said the news surprised him.
Trump did not have 10,000 troops ready to deploy on Jan. 6, his defense secretary says https://t.co/0HYloCqyBH
— CBS Mornings (@CBSMornings) July 27, 2022
The former acting secretary’s testimony before the select committee appeared to contradict a previous statement he made to popular Fox News host Sean Hannity. Miller told the conservative infotainment personality that he and Kash Patel, who served as his acting chief of staff while he was Secretary of Defense, had already testified under oath that the former president had authorized the 20,000 National Guard soldiers. Patel backed up Miller’s statement to Hannity and said the president “unequivocally” authorized the use of the National Guard.
Here is Miller saying on Hannity he testified under oath that Trump authorized 20k troops pic.twitter.com/59nvGBXjMK
— Acyn (@Acyn) July 26, 2022
So, who’s telling the truth? If Trump made a verbal request, did his actions imply a written formal order? You decide.
Copyright 2022, TruthandLiberty.com