(TruthandLiberty.com) – In 2020, Christmas just wasn’t the same for millions of Americans. The COVID-19 pandemic put a damper on festivities as government and public health officials warned people not to gather together to celebrate the holidays.
Many grandparents didn’t see their families, and people all across the country had to put numerous traditions on the back burner. Well, it’s time to bring Christmas back in 2021. Check out some traditions, new and old, that could make the holidays more meaningful this year as families and society rekindle the joy of the season.
Try these ideas to bring back the Christmas spirit:
- Make your own advent calendar of goodie bags. Each day, give a tiny toy, candy or note promising something special on Christmas day.
- Instead of letting one or two people cook for the whole family on Christmas, have the entire family join in on the fun. After kids open presents, everyone can gather in the kitchen to make Christmas breakfast special.
- Host a movie marathon with friends and family. There’s a Christmas movie out there for everyone. Perhaps one stretch is for kids, and another is for adults. Everyone can pick a favorite.
- Instead of putting up a fake Christmas tree, have the whole family head out to a live tree farm. Going together to pick one out is loads of fun everyone will remember for years.
- Try singing your favorite Christmas songs as a family. You don’t need to know how to play an instrument. All you need is some Christmas cheer for all to hear. Belt out a few of your favorites together. You can even ask family and friends to join in through Zoom if they can’t be with you.
It’s time to bring back the holiday spirit, and these and other traditions can help. Who’s ready to create some happy new memories? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Copyright 2021, TruthandLiberty.com