On Friday, an FBI-planned, consensual search of President Biden’s Wilmington, Delaware home yielded six more classified documents that the Department has seized. At the same time, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre had insisted that President Biden was taking the case of the classified documents seriously after he came under fire for saying he had “no regrets.”
The new additional documents being found are questioning why Jean-Pierre had nine days prior to the FBI search said that the search for classified documents in Delaware was “complete” and that no additional classified documents would be found.
Specifically, on Jan. 12, Jean-Pierre had said twice that the search had been completed and the case was now in the hands of the special counsel. The next day, White House special counsel Richard Sauber disclosed that more documents had been found on Thursday evening. The search by the FBI this past Friday also led to the discovery of more documents. All of this led to her receiving a lot of criticism over her comments about the search being completed.
Joseph D. Fitzpatrick, an assistant U.S. attorney to John Lausch, the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Illinois disclosed information about the search to Fox News on Saturday.
Bob Bauer, Biden’s personal attorney later confirmed that the DOJ had been granted access to all documents in the President’s home including handwritten notes, memorabilia, old to-do lists and schedules, and any other documents available.