Democrats are feeling hopeful ahead of the November midterm elections. This is a huge shift as merely weeks ago everyone was preparing for a big democratic loss. However, President Biden and many of his colleagues are now hopeful that the Democratic party will be able to stay in control of the Senate, and perhaps even not fall too far back in losing the House.
In part, this is because Republican candidates are unable to get key states like Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Arizona under their control.
The Democratic Party’s poll ratings on the other hand have been going up. President Biden’s approval rates have hit 44 percent, which is the highest percentage in over a year.
Some hopefuls are even saying that holding on to the House could be a possibility, albeit it might be hard as there is currently only a five-seat difference. Independent experts are not as hopeful about Democrats keeping the house, but they do say 5 key topics might help them retain control.
- The Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade has brought abortion issues to the forefront.
- The Mar-A-Lago investigation has shown that classified material was potentially taken by President Trump and stored in a nonsecure location.
- Gas prices have been steadily going down, with the national average falling to $3.84.
- Democratic wins have included the passing of the $750 billion Inflation Reduction Act in mid-August and the announcement of student forgiveness for up to $20,000 for certain borrowers.
- Supply chains are being restored and other crises have subsided over the past few months.
These changes are helping ease concerns among the American population and have helped in improving the Democratic potential in the upcoming mid-term elections.