2024 Republican Candidate’s Plan To Take Down Trump

Gage Skidmore from Surprise, AZ, United States of America, CC BY-SA 2.0 , via Wikimedia Commons

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley, while behind in the 2024 GOP primary polls, has stated that currently, her focus is on candidate-to-voter, retail-style politics which can help her ultimately win the GOP’s 2024 presidential nomination. During an interview with Fox, News Haley disclosed that she is going to “show a lot of momentum” after her initial fundraising figures are filed. 

Haley, a former two-term South Carolina governor and former ambassador to the United Nations during the Trump administration, launched her presidential campaign in February. So far, she is the only major Republican to have entered the race against former President Donald Trump, who launched his presidential campaign in November 2022. 

During a town hall event on the campaign trail on Tuesday evening in New Hampshire, Haley stated her plans for defeating Trump who is currently leading all of the GOP primary polls. Haley stated that when looking at what’s happening there are 25 percent of Republicans are “Trump or no one.” She added that the remaining 75 percent of Republicans are looking for where to be. 

In the six weeks since the announcement of her presidential bid, Haley has held ten town halls in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina. These are the three first states to vote in the GOP presidential nominating calendar, which further shows Haley’s commitment to “keep coming back.” 

During her remarks, Haley had stated that “you’ll get tired of seeing me,” but that she kept appearing so that everyone would tell their friends and families to attend the next town hall.